Sunday, December 9, 2012

Art Show Piece

I was recently invited to participate in a local art show for one of my favorite shops since moving to Minnesota earlier this year. Tomodachi in Roseville was putting on another art show celebrating all things vinyl.
One of my entries was a Dr Seuss-inspired piece, Truffula Trees, named after the fluffy, tufty trees in The Lorax.

Using an 8" blank Munny, Montana Gold Spray paints, and some Liquitex and Winsor and Newton (Galeria) acrylic paints, I went to work.
Got Montana Gold 'baby blue', and 'green apple' sprayed on for my backdrop and the first little Truffula Tree appears.

Several trees and Dr Seuss' poignant message about conservation vs. greed later, my piece is almost finished. All that's needed to finish it, is some, well...finish.



A few passes with some glossy clear coat and this little guy is all shined up and ready for the charity auction.

"UNLESS someone like you
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better.
It's not."
--Dr. Seuss

The lettering is far from perfect, I'm just glad everything is spelled correctly and relatively legible.



No comments:

Post a Comment